Learning remotely and the FutureFit report from NESTA
We are in the middle of the COVID-19 crisis; the world is full of uncertainty, organizations have rapidly moved workforces home, and we are isolated and distanced. Before this started, I talked with Beatrice Bekar and Juan Casasbuenas from Nesta about research they were doing on the future of learning. ‘The Make it FutureFit: Four ways to design better adult learning’ report focuses on preparing learners for the workforce, and it explores four core strategies via a series of case studies.
The strategies the report explores are:
- Strategies that promote learner identity
- Strategies that drive motivation to learn
- Strategies that help learners master a new skill or topic
- Strategies to develop a community of practice
During the discussion, we focus on how these strategies apply to learning remotely.
Links from the podcast
- Download the Make it FutureFit: Four ways to design better adult learning
- Find out more about Nesta
- Find out more about Nesta’s Digital Frontrunners and FutureFit programs
- Connect with Beatrice Bekar and Juan Casasbuenas