AI augmentation of L&D with Josh Cavalier
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or RSS
In this episode, we explore the importance of having a baseline knowledge of AI in the field of L&D. Today’s guest is Josh Cavalier, who is helping people in L&D utilise AI tools effectively. Tune in as we delve into the concept of using AI to enhance our strengths and compensate for weaknesses, prompt engineering techniques for AI and delivering high-quality results.
Josh Cavalier has been creating learning solutions for corporations, government agencies, and secondary education institutions for nearly thirty years. He is an expert in the field of Learning & Development. He has applied his industry experience to the application of ChatGPT and other Generative AI frameworks for business and life skills.
- AI is a tool, not a replacement: Josh highlights how AI, specifically large language models like GPT, can augment traditional processes within L&D. Its powers are not in replacing humans, but as an aid to boost productivity and creativity.
- L&D professionals need to have a baseline knowledge of AI: It's important for L&D practitioners to have an understanding of how large language models and AI tools work. This will be essential as these tools become increasingly integrated into L&D processes.
- Where to begin with learning to use AI tools: be prepared for the learning curve associated with using AI tools effectively. Josh suggested starting with an AI like GPT and learning how to prompt it effectively. Using prepared prompts (like his ‘150 prompts for L&D’) can be a helpful starting point.
Segmented time stamps:
- 01:18 AI augmenting our superpowers
- 04:21 Shadow tech and security risks
- 09:14 Scale and graphics card limitations
- 12:33 Prompt stacking technique
- 17:23 Difficulties of evaluating AI tools
- 22:00 Workflow and AI prompts
- 26:42 AI tools in L&D
Links from the podcast:
- Connect with Josh Cavalier on LinkedIn
- Download Josh Cavalier’s 150+ Prompts for Education
- Visit Josh Cavalier Website