ChatGPT for learning designers with Eliza Cani
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or RSS
In this episode of the Learning While Working Podcast, Eliza Cani, a learning designer at LearnWorlds, explores the topic of using ChatGPT for learning designers. Eliza shares valuable insights on how AI can be integrated into course design, the importance of prompting skills, and the future trends that can revolutionise the field.
About Eliza Cani
Eliza Cani is an eLearning Designer at LearnWorlds, and an experienced public speaker with a background in IT. She started her career at LearnWorlds as a member of the support team where she demonstrated an in-depth knowledge of the platform and the ability to solve customer issues fast and efficiently. Over the years, Eliza has helped hundreds of trainers and course creators create engaging learning materials and deliver them effectively.
- Prompt engineering and engaging with ChatGPT: there is a need for precise and specific prompts, e.g. specifying course duration, target audience, tone of voice, key takeaways, etc. Consider also the audience needs and preferences in prompts, as well as regularly reflecting on prompts over time to improve outcomes.
- Future trends in course design: expect more integrations of AI with platforms, including learning management systems and learning content systems. There will be less use of conversational interfaces, such as ChatGPT, and conversational AI will become more embedded in tools and platforms, to make AI more accessible to all users.
- Overall advice for Learning Designers working with AI: don’t be afraid to use AI tools. Start with simple tasks and gradually explore more capabilities so you can understand how AI complements and enhances the work of learning designers.
Segmented time stamps:
- 00:00 Introduction
- 02:22 ChatGPT as an efficient and creative tool for content summarisation
- 04:22 Simplifying learning theories for all
- 09:59 How to talk to AI tools by being advanced and precise
- 13:26 Having a customised approach based on audience and goals
- 15:14 How AI tools enhance learning design and why you need to understand their impact
- 18:15 Tools that facilitate course design and integration seamlessly
- 21:32 How AI won't replace designers
Links from the podcast:
- Connect with Eliza Cani on LinkedIn
- Find out more about LearnWorlds
- Do the free Master ChatGPT: Supercharge Your Course Design With AI course