Creating marketing content using AI with Lynne McNamee
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or RSS
AI tools like ChatGPT are being used in various industries, including marketing and learning. In this episode of the Learning While Working podcast, we are joined by Lynne McNamee to explore the fascinating and evolving world of AI tools for content creation. Robin and Lynne unpack how the quality of the generated content varies, applications of ChatGPT in L&D work, and why privacy and data sources are also limitations for generative AI tools.
About Lynne McNamee
Lynne is a creative and strategic thinker who leverages data and technology to lead innovative organisations to measurable results through inbound, social, content, video and traditional marketing. She is the president of Lone Armadillo Marketing Agency, where she has managed marketing campaigns for companies such as Avis, HP, and Bank of America. She was cited by The New York Times for innovations in marketing.
- Ways to leverage ChatGPT for marketing: Lynne shares how she uses ChatGPT in her work, specifically in writing copy for blog posts and websites. It’s important to understand the search engine interface and user intent to generate effective content, to align with SEO strategies.
- Be aware of the language AI generates, as tools like ChatGPT tends to provide overly literal keywords, which can result in keyword stuffing and impact your SEO score negatively.
- Try out some other key AI tools, like Lumen5 and SonixAI. Lynne has been using these for tasks in video creation and transcription. She also reflects on why ChatGPT has gained the most attention compared to other tools, which is due to social proof and practical applications.
Segmented time stamps:
- 00:00 The changing nature of marketing work
- 01:25 How Lynne is using ChatGPT on a daily basis
- 02:51 Lynne’s process of writing a blog post with the help of AI
- 03:42 Considering SEO when using AI generated content
- 06:25 The impact of quality from using ChatGPT
- 08:12 Training AI to write learning material
- 12:43 Some of the weaknesses of using a tool like ChatGPT
- 19:28 Why has ChatGPT gained so much attention and widespread adoption?
- 20:38 Lynne’s main bit of advice around using AI at the moment
Links from the podcast:
- Connect with Lynne on LinkedIn
- Lone Armadillo Marketing Agency’s Website
- Listen to Using learning campaigns to effectively drive behaviour change with Lynne McNamee
- Check out Lumen5
- Try out Sonix AI