Navigating future skills with Britt Andreatta
In this episode of the Learning While Working Podcast, Britt Andreatta is back to discuss the impact of AI on organisations and the skills needed to navigate this shifting landscape. As an expert on brain-driven approaches to learning and a leading voice in the field, she shares some truly valuable insights. Tune in to learn more about the need for a clear strategy in L&D, developing strong change management skills and why we need to hone in scientific literacy and verification skills.
About Britt Andreatta
Dr. Britt Andreatta is an internationally-recognised thought leader who creates brain science-based solutions for today's challenges. As CEO of Brain Aware Training, Inc., Britt Andreatta draws on her unique background in leadership, neuroscience, psychology, and learning to unlock the best in people and organisations.
- AI's influence calls for robust change management skills, and the technology’s verification will need to be a key quality in job requirements – on par with communication and time management.
- The imperative of reskilling is gaining prominence, with the World Economic Forum identifying a substantial global workforce needing retraining.
- AI-driven misinformation highlights the need for critical thinking and science literacy skills. The role of learning professionals will become ‘verifiers’, ensuring that AI-generated content is reliable while embracing the adaptability in a dynamic environment.
Segmented time stamps:
- 00:00 Introduction
- 01:57 How will AI change the types of skills that organisations need?
- 03:11 Change management skills
- 05:12 Why is change not always successful?
- 07:00 Science literacy skills
- 12:27 Become verifiers
- 20:12 What should L&D be doing now to prepare for the future?