Rethinking workplace learning in an AI-Driven World with Lars Hyland and Matt Linaker
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or RSS
In this episode of the Learning While Working podast, Robin is joined by Lars Hyland and Matt Linaker from Totara to discuss rethinking workplace learning in an AI-Driven World. The conversation focuses on the importance of shifting from content-driven strategies to more context-based and collaborative learning environments.
About Lars Hyland
Lars Hyland is a seasoned expert in learning technology with over 27 years of experience. He has worked with various international organisations and educational institutions, including the University of Oxford and Deutsche Bank. Currently, he leads Totara's EMEA operations, focusing on talent development and productivity.
About Matt Linaker
Matt has a multifaceted career in the field of learning and education, with a focus on technology-enhanced learning. He is currently the Partner Onboarding and Enablement Lead at Totara Learning.
- AI tools have gone mainstream. It is impacting creative arts and we can see how it has helped improve the way we work. There is potential for governments and organisations to have their own large learning models and AI to enhance learning while working.
- Content-driven models in the workplace have caused a disconnect between business goals and training outcomes. New technologies can assist in connecting people to the right people at the right time, and automated feedback can aid development.
- Easy access to the right content to the right people can help contextualise the learning process, and conversations and collaboration can help people come together quickly to solve problems and meet goals. Providing feedback and rewarding people in an intentional way, contextualised to the situation, can help motivate them to learn and to apply their knowledge effectively.
Segmented time stamps:
- 00:00 One of keys to the future of AI is open source
- 01:35 What does the future of work look like?
- 04:59 How AI has gone mainstream
- 10:13 Moving away from content-driven approaches
- 15:32 L&D in Totara
- 19:19 Building learning platforms for talent experience
- 24:04 How can we make this future of learning happen now?
Links from the podcast:
- Connect with Lars on LinkedIn
- Connect with Matt on Linkedin
- Totara’s Website
- Read more about Matt's thoughts on Rethinking workplace learning in an AI-Driven World